[ngw] GW on Android

Jeffrey D. Sessler jeff at scrippscollege.edu
Thu Oct 29 00:02:38 UTC 2015

Mark,

The problem with the rant is that GroupWise does have problems supporting new technologies, and it’s still old in many places. Even when considering the forthcoming release, there is still no viable Mac client, only standards-based access to calendar/address book, but none of the GW-specific features.

I’d love to support your idea that CxOs are being given incorrect information - lies as you say - but as the CIO, I did everything possible to stay a GW customer but the failure was 100% on Novell/Microfocus and the GW product, not some upstream partner/consultant telling us lies. I even had a wonderful phone conversation with Dean Lythgoe about the challenges, and it was clear it was going to be a long time before the gaps were closed (if ever).

I’ll even go as far as to say that had we been up-to-date and running GW 2014, we would have still migrated. Unfortunately, I can count on one hand the things I miss terribly about GroupWise, but I can give countless examples (user and admin focused), where the grass really is greener.

Focus your anger on Novell/MF.

Jeff

On 10/28/15, 3:41 PM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of Mark Currie" <ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of MCurrie at laserfast.com.au> wrote: