[ngw] GW2014 R2 Sp1 install error - STILL

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Wed Aug 3 23:10:22 UTC 2016

I can try easily enough when I get the new build to see what happens w/ 2012.. since everyone here is still running it, except for a few.

>>> "David Gerisch" <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 8/3/2016 4:09 PM >>>
Thank you very much Pam.

David Gerisch

>>> Pam Robello <pkrobello at gmail.com> 2016-08-03 15:01 >>>
Hi Joe,

Yes, I also assume if installed on a brand new machine you would not see
the error.  It will happen one last time when upgrading from an older 2014
build to this new one.  I am not sure about 2012.  Since it's no longer
supported I am not sure they used that in their testing environment.

Pam

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Joe Brugaletta <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Pam (and engineering)!
>
> If this new build is installed on a fresh PC, I assume no error..?
>
> Also, will the error only occur (one last time) when upgrading from older
> version of gw14 to this new build? or will it still happen when upgrading
> from gw12 to this new 14 build?

> may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received
> this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this
> communication is prohibited and we request that you contact us by reply
> email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all copies of our
> original message and any attachments.

> All,
>

> We should have a build for this one in the next day or so.  This  is what
> engineering has updated in the defect:
>

> "Please note that if you do an upgrade you'll see the error one last time,
> since
> we uninstall the already installed dlls and those don't have the fix.
>
> Recommended to do an uninstall first (you'll see the error) and then
> install the
> newer build (there should be no errors)."
>

> To get this new build, please open an SR and refer to defect 938962.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Pam

> Also, opened SR#101001734041 about this back in April. Was told there was
> a defect on this already and they were going to push dev to fix it. Not
> sure what the status is, and I don't know the defect number.

> may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received
> this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this
> communication is prohibited and we request that you contact us by reply
> email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all copies of our
> original message and any attachments.

> Reported this months ago.. and still weary of rolling out 2014 until it's
> fixed, as I don't want to deal with error messages during install company
> wide. has happened on a few test machines I've tried, so assume it would
> happen to most others.
>

> WMS notif window: msiexec.exe - Ordinal Not Found
>
> The ordinal 3212 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> LIBEAY32.dll
>

> During the "Creating GroupWise Mapi Profile.." install step:
>
> The ordinal 2760 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> LIBEAY32.dll

> may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received
> this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this
> communication is prohibited and we request that you contact us by reply
> email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all copies of our
> original message and any attachments.

Pam Robello
Speciality Wraps
Personalized chocolate bar wrappers for any occasion
www.speciality-wraps.com
email: info at speciality-wraps.com
435-326-4343 / toll free 844-230-6379 / fax 435-326-4343