[ngw] Hyper Convergence question

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Mon Aug 8 14:12:19 UTC 2016

Thanks for the info Mark! I'm finding that there are many players in this newer HC space and determining who's setup fits best in the environment here is tuff. We don't have 70 machines to virtualize! lol More like 5 or 6. My main goal is for failover and HA (DR) with the ability to scale down the road if needed. We are bare metal server centric now and have a couple that will need to be upgraded in the next year. I figured this is the time to move from that type of setup to an HC setup.

Thanks again for the input!
>>> Mark Currie <MCurrie at laserfast.com.au> 8/4/2016 8:30 PM >>>
Hi Stephen,

I have a customer running approx. 70 vm's (SLES 11/OES and Windows) on Dell/Nutanix/Vmware 6 3-node cluster 40Tb with the only minor issue being VEEAM snapshots which pause the VM being snapshotted resulting in loss of connectivity sometimes. But that is a pretty standard snapshot issue, and only takes a couple of mins. SLES 11x64 SP3/SP4, and OES 11 SP2/SLES 11 SP3 and now OES 2015 SP1/SLES 11 x64 SP4. Also Windows 2008 and 2012 x64. The odd Ubuntu and Debian Linux servers as well.

Mark Currie