[ngw] name completion search order

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Wed Aug 10 15:09:25 UTC 2016

What?! I didn't realize they changed that. System Address Book should always come first... then ability to choose between supplemental address books. Not a fan of this decision.. heres a scenario why not:

Spammer spoofs senior partners name (John Doe bogusemail at gmail.com).. user A doesn't catch the email address, but instead replies to the spammer. Now (assuming default options), the spammers email address is in User A's Frequent Contacts. Later down the line, user A decides to email senior partner by name... FC is referenced first, which puts spammers address in. Unless you're paying attention, and just going by the name, you're now emailing and sending potentially confidential email to spammer.

Change this back.

>>> "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> 8/10/2016 7:09 AM >>>
yet another thing that makes me wish I could back-rev to 2012.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.

>>> "Jeremy Rogers" <Jeremy.Rogers at baptist-health.org> 8/10/2016 9:03 AM >>>
We made the same case when a couple of MF developers came to see us.  Right now, we've been told, it's working as designed.  It's very frustrating for us, because I want my System Address Book to be the source of truth for internal users.  Not FC.

>>> On 8/10/2016 at 8:28 AM, "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> wrote:
The way I understand it, the new 2014 uses a weighted system of name
complete so that most frequent entries float to the top of the list
regardless of which address book they are in.  Since, if I go into "name
completion search" in the address book and there is no longer a method
to specify order of books, I'm assuming this is true.

HOWEVER, some people are wanting it to work the old way so that, for
example, their personal book takes priority over frequent contacts.  But
I don't see a way to specify this type of ability.

What are my options?

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* Linux System Engineer
* Groupwise System Engineer
* Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE

The information, both of the message and any attachments, contained in this message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, or has received this message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any such actions are strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.