[ngw] Exchange recurring appointment - constant replies from GroupWise - is this a known problem?

Ken Etter kle at msktd.com
Thu Aug 11 15:37:54 UTC 2016

That was changed, but I don't remember which version.  GroupWise used to send out individual responses, but it now sends out a single response to a re-occurring meeting.  Makes me wonder if something is stuck?

Ken
>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 8/11/2016 11:32 AM >>>
David, so you have a sense of how many dates are contained in the reoccurring appointment? My recollection is that a reoccurring appointment in exchange is actually a bunch on individual appointments, and when sent to GW and accepted (it looks like just one appointment), GW sends multiple status updates (one for each individual date) back to exchange. So, if this reoccurring appointment was for t-w-th, for three years into the future, that would be a lot of status messages.

Jeff

On 8/11/16, 8:07 AM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of David Gerisch" <ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:

    Sorry - forgot to add the particulars:

    Most of back end servers on GroupWise 2014 R2 build 123047.  GWIA updated to (after the fact) to build 124014.  Client is probably GroupWise 2012 still.

    >>> "David Gerisch" <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 2016-08-11 07:54 >>>
    I have a user who received a recurring meeting from an Exchange user.  My user accepted it.  But now, every few seconds, GroupWise sends an acknowledgment of some sort to the original sender.  Two questions:  1) Is this a known problem?  2) Is there anything I can do about it?

    Thanks!

    David Gerisch