[ngw] appointment quirks after db recreation

Jim Gosney jgosney at genesco.com
Thu Aug 11 17:51:38 UTC 2016

So we had a person who's account became so corrupt that, per GroupWise
Support, we had to archive all their mailbox, delete the mailbox, create
a new mailbox with the same userid and fid, and unarchive everything
back into it.

Now they have discovered that appointments that they created prior to
this recreation are no longer modifiable by them.  There is no "edit"
option.

Is this because even with the same FID, the appointments have become
"disassociated" from the account?  In other words, are the appointments
tied to a GUID which would be different for the new account?

Is there any way to resolve this?

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* Linux System Engineer
* Groupwise System Engineer
* Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.