[ngw] appointment quirks after db recreation

Jim Gosney jgosney at genesco.com
Thu Aug 11 17:55:55 UTC 2016

That was kinda my thought as well but I"m not sure how to fix it (or if it is even fixable)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.

>>> Laura Buckley <Laura at laurabuckley.co.za> 8/11/2016 12:54 PM >>>
Hi,

In my experience... calendars are stored in the user db.  Considering that
you've blown away the original DB it might explain the behaviour.

Cheers,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Jim Gosney <jgosney at genesco.com> wrote:

> So we had a person who's account became so corrupt that, per GroupWise
> Support, we had to archive all their mailbox, delete the mailbox, create
> a new mailbox with the same userid and fid, and unarchive everything
> back into it.
>
> Now they have discovered that appointments that they created prior to
> this recreation are no longer modifiable by them.  There is no "edit"
> option.
>
> Is this because even with the same FID, the appointments have become
> "disassociated" from the account?  In other words, are the appointments
> tied to a GUID which would be different for the new account?
>
> Is there any way to resolve this?
>
> ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
> Jim Gosney
> * Linux System Engineer
> * Groupwise System Engineer
> * Mobility Server Admin
> Genesco, Inc.
> Nashville, TN
> 615-367-7850
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
> and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
> proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
> transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
> other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
> intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
> unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
> the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
> and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.

Laura Buckley

Lifelong Learner

Micro Focus Knowledge Partner Program
<https://wiki.microfocus.com/index.php/Knowledge_Partner_Program>