[ngw] Archive Maintenance

Jeremy Rogers Jeremy.Rogers at baptist-health.org
Fri Aug 12 12:57:09 UTC 2016

We are still struggling with moving our native archives.  We let one post office crank for 4 days and it still didn't finish.  I broke down and scripted a gwcheck maintenance routine to run over all the archives on that particular post office.  We had one user, Director of course, that had just over 4 million orphaned blob files.  He was sitting right at 600 GB worth of file data and after 36 hours of gwcheck, we got him down to a little under a 2 GB.  To say I'm nervous is an understatement.  We probably don't run maintenance on our archives as often as we should, but 4 million blob files?!  He hasn't said anything yet, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Jeremy Rogers, CCA
Senior Network Analyst
Baptist Health Information Systems
Ph: (501) 202-7812
Fax: (501) 202-7473

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE

The information, both of the message and any attachments, contained in this message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, or has received this message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any such actions are strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.