[ngw] Antw: Re: oftemp folder in archive directory.

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Fri Aug 12 16:00:51 UTC 2016

I wouldn't worry about the oftemp folder, I've never seen issues. However, users have rights to the root folder where the archives are stored. They dont "map" to it though, the client accesses it via UNC path.

I personally am using GWAVA Retain. Not saying its the best, but if you really want to keep emails.. dont rely on the archives.

>>> "Michael Linke" <michael.linke at th-koeln.de> 8/11/2016 11:34 PM >>>
Thanks for the information.

Here the oftemp folder was createt when the first user create his archive and then the folder permission automatically set to this user.
Now i would set the permissions to allow all users to access this folder.

I will playing a litte bit arround wit this.

What for retention software do you use ?
I know there is a solution from GWAVA and Messeging Architects. But both are quite expensive.
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 11.08.2016 19:26 >>>
I've had shared archive root folders for 15 years.. never had an issue. Not sure when oftemp gets created, but I see it too sometimes. No worries.
like:
\\server\volume\gwarchive\of123arc
( file://\serverarc)
\\server\volume\gwarchive\of456arc
( file://\serverarc)
etc..

^ those work fine. However, I'm trying to get rid of archives all together and use retention software only. Archives are old school.

>>> "Michael Linke" <michael.linke at th-koeln.de> 8/11/2016 1:27 AM >>>
Hi,

we noticed, that in the GroupWise archive directory a folter oftemp exists.
Has anyone an idea for what this folder is ?
Perhaps for local gwcheck temp Files ?
Our plan is to set a global archive path in gwadminconsole and lock this field.
Could we run in troubble when all useres access to the same oftemp folder ?
Greetings
Michael