[ngw] highlighting current message in 2014 client

Cory Calvert calvertc at waterloo.k12.wi.us
Thu Aug 18 00:28:36 UTC 2016

Although this highlighting may not seem useful when using a mouse, it is pretty slick if using a tablet device with a stylus.

Cory Calvert
District Network Administrator
Waterloo School District
813 North Monroe Street
Waterloo, WI  53594
(920) 478-3633 ext. 8001

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it from your system.

>>> "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> 8/17/2016 12:38 PM >>>
It's just a different look/feel and some users don't like change.  :)

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 8/17/2016 12:27 PM >>>
I just tested this.. wherever the mouse cursor is hovering over remains highlighted (faintly). Move the mouse off and its doesn't highlight. I'm not sure why this is an issue though? If you hit Enter, etc.. it opens whatever message you have arrowed to.

NOTICE: This email and all attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and intended SOLELY for the recipients as identified in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" lines of this email.  If you are not an intended recipient, your receipt of this email and its attachments is the result of an inadvertent disclosure or unauthorized transmittal.  Sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, including all privileges that may apply.  Pursuant to those rights and privileges, immediately DELETE and DESTROY all copies of the email and its attachments, in whatever form, and immediately NOTIFY the sender of your receipt of this email.  DO NOT review, copy, forward or rely on the email and its attachments in any way.

NOTICE: NO DUTIES ARE ASSUMED, INTENDED OR CREATED BY THIS COMMUNICATION.  If you have not executed a fee contract or an engagement letter, this firm does NOT represent you as your attorney.  You are encouraged to retain counsel of your choice if you desire to do so.  All rights of the sender for violations of the confidentiality and privileges applicable to this email and any attachments are expressly reserved.

>>> "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> 8/17/2016 9:38 AM >>>
Something a user just pointed out to me which I haven't even noticed
after 3 months of testing the 2014r2 windows client.

When a message is highlighted/selected, if you move the cursor up or
down away from that message, the message beneath the cursor is
highlighted but the original message stays highlighted as well.  I can
see the usefulness of this but some folks have asked if this feature can
be turned off and things returned to the 2012 way of highlighting.

Since I can't seem to find a setting for this, figured I'd ask the
group.

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* Linux System Engineer
* Groupwise System Engineer
* Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.