[ngw] SOT - MimeDeFang

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Tue Aug 23 15:51:32 UTC 2016

Give amavisd-new a look.  It works well with Postfix and SpamAssassin and is installable via YaST-->Software Management on SLES.

-Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 8/23/2016 10:29 AM >>>
This sends up so many red flags.
Ruling out the whole SLES10 thing...
If you are looking to do spam filtering using open source, you might consider Maia mailguard.
It has an active mailing list, and a lot of quides for set up on various platforms. Even current ones.
It is a really effective filter with a lot of management and integration options.
I used to use it a lot, before it made sense to go with GWAVA.
I still have one site up that has been running for 10 years without any tweaks other than clearing the logs when the disk gets full.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 8/23/2016 9:47 AM >>>
Looking for the packages I need to install MimeDefang on a SLES10 box (sigh), to work with postfix, which is up and running.  If anyone has done this, feel free.