[ngw] SOT - again

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Thu Aug 25 18:21:14 UTC 2016

Ah, I meant the GW account it currently uses will no longer be
available.      I have tested OL express (yes, it's true, it's and it's
an old OS) and a test email from OL was delivered, but the app remains
to be tested with OLE active.    I know it did not create a new mail
profile (I looked).

joe a.

>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 08/25/16 2:13 PM >>>
Joe,

When you say “can no longer reach GroupWise” what do you mean? That is,
if it gets a IMAP/POP rejection that it then sends an email alert via
another channel?

Jeff

On 8/25/16, 10:56 AM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com
on behalf of Joe Acquisto-j4"
<ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of
joea at j4computers.com> wrote:

    Looking for a "windows email client" that needs to do several
things.   Needless to say, nothing I have found so far fits the bill.

    A crucial application, quite primitive from an email perspective,
needs to find a way to send email once it can no longer access
GroupWise.

    - needs to act as a default windows email service, presumably with a
mail profile, as do OL and GroupWise.
    - only needs to send SMTP, does *not* need to receive email.
    - Command line goodies will not suffice
    - programs that insist on phoning home or registering themselves
will not do.