[ngw] Antw: Re: OT: licensing for EDU

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Thu Dec 1 08:53:56 UTC 2016

That´s strange, because NSS is OES feature and eDirectory is not for
free = kind sales rep.

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Barth Uwe" <Uwe.Barth at stadt-chemnitz.de> 01.12.2016 6:22 >>>
Discuss this with your sales rep.
We used OES2 over a period of time just to have eDir&NSS for GroupWise
but all GW users where external entities. So besides our admin users
there were no user which active access  to OES features. We explained
this to Novell/MF and they accepted that we only own licenses for our
admin users with maintenance.
Uwe.

>>> Audrius <novell.servers at gmail.com> 30.11.2016 10:07 >>>
Hi,

Thank you Joseph, Peter was very helpful. But one question was left
unanswered. Maybe community will help me here. If I use OES only for
DHCP,
DNS and anonymous FTP services and have only root user, do I still
need
buy licenses for all connecting machines?

Thank you!

<MCurrie at laserfast.com.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > 3 OES servers, or 3 OES users? If 3 OES servers how many
users?....ALA
> > can
> > > be based on FTS (Full time students) or on workstation
count...VLA is
> > based
> > > on user count in OES....SLES is per server for VLA, not sure
about
> ALA...
> > >
> > > Mark Currie

Sami