[ngw] Off topic: Veeam with NSS?

Cory Calvert calvertc at waterloo.k12.wi.us
Thu Dec 1 21:20:14 UTC 2016

If you end up needing access to backed-up data right away (before you'd be able to upgrade to Veeam 9.5), you can restore a VMDK and attach it to an OES 2015 VM to copy the files that you need.  It isn't as handy as the file-level restore functionality, but it works in a pinch.

Cory Calvert
District Network Administrator
Waterloo School District
813 North Monroe Street
Waterloo, WI  53594
(920) 478-3633 ext. 8001

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it from your system.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 12/1/2016 2:17 PM >>>
You're absolutely right... I implemented AD enabled volumes a few weeks ago and didn't think anything of it until I just read your "Veeam Adds OES 2015 Support" cool solution! I just told my coworker about it and he's going to look into 9.5...  a shame that support didn't realize the problem, as co-worker been dealing with this for a couple weeks now with Tier-3 support.

NOTICE: This email and all attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and intended SOLELY for the recipients as identified in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" lines of this email.  If you are not an intended recipient, your receipt of this email and its attachments is the result of an inadvertent disclosure or unauthorized transmittal.  Sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, including all privileges that may apply.  Pursuant to those rights and privileges, immediately DELETE and DESTROY all copies of the email and its attachments, in whatever form, and immediately NOTIFY the sender of your receipt of this email.  DO NOT review, copy, forward or rely on the email and its attachments in any way.
NOTICE: NO DUTIES ARE ASSUMED, INTENDED OR CREATED BY THIS COMMUNICATION.  If you have not executed a fee contract or an engagement letter, this firm does NOT represent you as your attorney.  You are encouraged to retain counsel of your choice if you desire to do so.  All rights of the sender for violations of the confidentiality and privileges applicable to this email and any attachments are expressly reserved.

>>> Joseph Marton <jmmarton at gmail.com> 12/1/2016 11:38 AM >>>
I remember him, too. :-) The only time I couldn't see the volumes was when
I was using something pre-9.5 and the volume was either 64-bit or was
AD-enabled.  Never had a problem otherwise.  Even though I'm not in
support, I'd be happy to hop on a WebEx to do some troubleshooting since I
probably understand NSS better than most others at Veeam. :-)

Joe