[ngw] OT: GroupWise Messenger 2.2 archive files after move

Rand Babcock randbabcock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:13:15 UTC 2016

Mike,

Objects are stored in the archive by FQDN.  However, searches are not
limited by that.  So a search for "bob" would return all hits that match
"bob" in the specified time frame, regardless of FQDN.

It sounds like the index files only contain data from after the move.  So
even if the data is in the archive store, it is inaccessible to the client.

Do you still have access to your old directory?  If so, can you check out
the archive passphrase and see if it is the same in both systems?  It can
be specified on either the service object, or the archive agent object, (If
the agent is blank, it inherits from the service object).

Unfortunately, there aren't any tools which can be used to view or
manipulate the archive data directly.

Rand