[ngw] modifying java path in GW8 mac client

Jeffrey D. Sessler jeff at scrippscollege.edu
Fri Dec 9 21:56:05 UTC 2016

I’ll take a look at this later and get back to you. I’ve ported a number of the old Novell Java based tools to Mac e.g. RConsoleJ and ConsoleOne, so let me dig up my notes from when I moved them to never versions of Java. As I recall, it’s more than just the 1.6+ setting.

That said, the Mac GW client is sort of a hybrid where some of the java was turned into native code to improve performance where needed, so you may not see any appreciable improvement even with a later JVM. There are also a lot of changes between 1.6 and later JVMs, so I give it a 10-15% chance of even working.

Jeff