[ngw] mailto link in email - behavior changed in GroupWise 2014 - working as designed?

David Gerisch DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us
Wed Dec 21 00:33:55 UTC 2016

I have a system that sends my users email, and includes a mailto: link
in it, which when clicked launches a new email.  When using GroupWise
2012, the new message has the desired subject and the desired message
body (a message specific tag) included in it.

When using GroupWise 2014, the new message has the desired subject but
no message body - if Tools, Options, Environment, Views is set to
"Default Compose View & Font = Plain Text".

If Tools, Options, Environment, Views is set to "Default Compose View &
Font = HTML", then clicking the mailto: link creates the new message
with tag included in the message body.

Is this a bug?  Or working as designed?

The message that has the mailto: link in it is created as text/html, if
that matters.

Here is a sample of the mailto: line:

mailto:noreply at co.tulare.ca.us?subject=Re%3A%20CFG034528%20implemented&body=%0A%0ARef%3AMSG363360Z%20

It's actually embedded within a blob of <html><body><a
expect).