[ngw] Semi OT - P2V for an edirectory server

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Fri Dec 23 15:59:35 UTC 2016

Planning to virtualize an eDirectory server and leave it as the sole replica for an existing tree.

One line of thinking (mine) is to create a VM with edirectory, add a replica, let things settle, promote it, then remove the retiring servers in orderly fashion.

Another line of thinking (management) is to use P2V tools (just because, I guess), and retire the source and others as is prudent.

Seem to me my ways is the cleanest and least likely to introduce strangeness.

Opinions?