[ngw] GW SLES entitlement

Matt Weisberg matt at weisberg.net
Mon Feb 1 17:52:07 UTC 2016

I recently discovered that I was incorrect in my interpretation of the SLES entitlement included with GroupWise.  I always thought that you were entitled to use as much SLES as needed to support your GroupWise work loads and that you would be entitled to basic patch channel updates for SLES as long as you maintained your GroupWise maintenance.  Apparently, that last part is incorrect.  The patch subscription is only granted for one year.  After that, there is no entitlement to patch updates for SLES.  You must pay for it.  I was informed of this by a SuSE SE and sure enough, it certainly does say that, one year of patch updates, as it says here:

https://www.novell.com/products/groupwise/howtobuy/

Was I alone in my mis-understanding of the SLES entitlement?

Matt

—
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.