[ngw] GW SLES entitlement

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Mon Feb 1 18:37:52 UTC 2016

on an SLA/ALA contract or purchasing it outright?

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12 Group
614.561.4887
klarson at k12group.net

>>> Matt Weisberg <matt at weisberg.net> 2/1/2016 12:52 PM >>>

I recently discovered that I was incorrect in my interpretation of the
SLES entitlement included with GroupWise.  I always thought that you
were entitled to use as much SLES as needed to support your GroupWise
work loads and that you would be entitled to basic patch channel updates
for SLES as long as you maintained your GroupWise maintenance.
Apparently, that last part is incorrect.  The patch subscription is only
granted for one year.  After that, there is no entitlement to patch
updates for SLES.  You must pay for it.  I was informed of this by a
SuSE SE and sure enough, it certainly does say that, one year of patch
updates, as it says here:

https://www.novell.com/products/groupwise/howtobuy/

Was I alone in my mis-understanding of the SLES entitlement?

Matt

—
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.