[ngw] Farewell

Alan Downs alan at precise-computer.com
Wed Feb 3 22:59:28 UTC 2016

Ladies and gentlemen,
This email has been a long time coming, but I'm afraid that it is time for me to bid this list, and all of you fine people who have provided me with advice over the years, a fond farewell.
I've enjoyed meeting and partying with some of you, and I relish the time we've had. I still vehemently believe in the technical superiority of GroupWise, but have been losing the battle to MS Virus Exchange for years. I am now down to one remaining GW customer, and their next upgrade will not be GW, unfortunately.
Thank you all for your support (both technical and moral), and I wish you all the best. I wish I had many reasons to remain on this list, but I just don't.
A special thanks to our own GroupWise Goddess, Danita, for saving my bacon more than a couple of times. Keep up the great work and advice.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Alan
P.S. If anyone wants to send me a bottle of Purple Death wine as a going - away present, I promise I will accept it with great enthusiasm. <G>