[ngw] Filtering Sent Items makes GroupWise non-responsive

Matt Schlawin MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG
Fri Feb 5 19:52:33 UTC 2016

Quick Finder index is running.  I think I might have some other issues going on here.  Some strange things happening.

1.  I noticed on the Post Office - General tab that the Folder is listed as /media/n{and garbage characters}  when I try to change it to the correct path either by browsing or manually typing it in, the gwadminservice immediately crashes

2.  When I try to look for the logs for gwadmin, I see they stopped logging on December 30th, which is the day I did the 2014 to 2014 R2 update.

3.  When I run a fix/analyze against a user, it says it submits the job to the PO, but I never get an email with the results.  Even if I explicitly put my address in the logging field at the bottom.

Not sure all of these are related, but there is definitely something going on here.

Matt
>>> "Jonathan Paul" <jpaul at stfrancis.edu> 2/5/2016 11:49 AM >>>
Did you check the quick finder indexes ?  Usually when we have users with searching problems, they have lots of items that are not indexed.  I am not on R2 though.

>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2/5/2016 11:45 AM >>>
Sorry, forgot the environment.  GroupWise 2014 R2 running on OES 11 SP1
>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2/5/2016 11:43 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I have two users who cannot filter or sort their sent items.  For one user, GroupWise becomes unresponsive and finally brings up the dialog box to close the application.  And the other user gets a "record update filter failed" error.

Before I start running Mailbox/Library Maintenance, does anyone have a suggestion on what steps I should take?

Thanks!

Matt