[ngw] Filtering Sent Items makes GroupWise non-responsive

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Mon Feb 8 21:08:18 UTC 2016

On which build are you now Daniel ?

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Daniel Wells" <Daniel.Wells at mhtn.com> 08.02.2016 18:29 >>>
I have seen very slow performance with the GW 2014 R2 client,
especially
with the "move to" and mark read functions (2-5 second delay).  We
have
rolled back to the 14.0.2 client.  While I haven't seen the client
crash
as you described,  the 2014 R2 upgrade has been a disaster.  In almost
20 years since I have been working with GroupWise this is the worst
upgrade experience I have had with any Novell product.  Excuse me,
Micro
Focus product.  We too preformed the upgrade at the end of the year
(12/31) and have not had a stable system since with four service
requests, 2 still open).  Besides the slow client performance, the DVA
would crash every 60-90 minutes until support told me to filter PDF
files from the indexing (post office startup file "dcafilter").  We
have
been through four or five FTF iterations and PDF files still seem to
crash the DVA.  It will take years to regain user trust.

Daniel Wells AIA, VCP
Senior Associate | IT Coordinator
MHTN Architects, Inc.
Direct: 801.326.3215 | www.mhtn.com
vision made real

>>> "David Krotil" <David.Krotil at hilo.cz> 2/5/2016 3:55 PM >>>
Hi,
I have / had same problems as you. Client hangs , while filter active,
sometimes D126 error. Looks like build 122547 solved most of the
problems, will have more info next week.

David

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
about it.

>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 05.02.2016 20:52 >>>
Quick Finder index is running.  I think I might have some other issues
going on here.  Some strange things happening.
1.  I noticed on the Post Office - General tab that the Folder is
listed as /media/n{and garbage characters}  when I try to change it to
the correct path either by browsing or manually typing it in, the
gwadminservice immediately crashes
2.  When I try to look for the logs for gwadmin, I see they stopped
logging on December 30th, which is the day I did the 2014 to 2014 R2
update.
3.  When I run a fix/analyze against a user, it says it submits the
job
to the PO, but I never get an email with the results.  Even if I
explicitly put my address in the logging field at the bottom.
Not sure all of
these are related, but there is definitely something
going on here.
Matt
>>> "Jonathan Paul" <jpaul at stfrancis.edu> 2/5/2016 11:49 AM >>>
Did you check the quick finder indexes ?  Usually when we have users
with searching problems, they have lots of items that are not indexed.

I am not on R2 though.
>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2/5/2016 11:45 AM >>>
Sorry, forgot the environment.  GroupWise 2014 R2 running on OES 11
SP1

>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2/5/2016 11:43 AM >>>
Hi everyone,
I have two users who cannot filter or sort their sent items.  For one
user, GroupWise becomes unresponsive and finally brings up the dialog
box to close the application.  And the other user gets a "record
update
filter failed" error.
Before I start running Mailbox/Library Maintenance, does anyone have a
suggestion on what steps I should take?
Thanks!
Matt

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, are
privileged and confidential and/or proprietary
information intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this is
addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,
or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
received
this communication in error, please immediately notify sender by
telephone or reply email, do not use or disclose the contents to
others,
and delete the message and all attachments from your computer, system
and/or network. Further, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to
be
secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.