[ngw] GW SLES entitlement

Michael Statman Mike at EMESConsulting.Net
Wed Feb 10 21:57:10 UTC 2016

"As a benefit of Your maintenance or subscription coverage for the
Software, You are entitled to a free Self Support Subscription for SLES
offered through SUSE. Terms and conditions for Self Support
Subscriptions are determined by
SUSE..."
SUSE Self Support.

So then that means entitlement to _patches_, but not entitled to open
an SR if, say, ntp fails to resolve servers or a self-supported kernel
patch wacks your multipath configuration or you need assistance with
some other non-GroupWise package?

-Mike

>>> "Mike Bills" <Mike.Bills at microfocus.com> 2/1/2016 1:28 PM >>>
When purchasing GroupWise you buy a license and 1 year of maintenance.

That maintenance gets you the patch support.  If you do not keep
current
on maintenance you are not entitled to any patches,  for GroupWise or
SUSE.

If you keep your maintenance current each year you are entitled to
GroupWise patches as well as the SUSE patches that are available under
SUSE self support.  Check the GW EULA for more information.
https://www.novell.com/licensing/eula/groupwise/eula-groupwise-2014R2-102715_en.pdf

Also,  on the GroupWise side maintenance entitles you to Messenger and
GroupWise Mobility.  If you go off maintenance you also are not
entitled
to run Messenger and Mobility in addition to receiving patches.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Regards,

Michael Bills
Product Line Manager - Collaboration