[ngw] using postfix with imap

David Gerisch DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us
Thu Feb 11 02:38:20 UTC 2016

The new JSON and REST interface gets you close, but no banana.  You can get the mailbox size in MB, but not the unread item count.  Where's that enhancement page?  ;-)

David Gerisch

>>> "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> 2016-02-08 09:52 >>>
Sort of off topic but we are wanting to move some imap functionality off
our one of our GWIA's.  On our Linux registers, they run webmail only.
Since there is no notify, we are running an imap-based message counter
that duplicates the function of notify.  It talks to our GWIA.

We would like to move that functionality to off the GWIA to a Linux box
running postfix.  I know that postfix supports imap but I was wondering
if anyone had ever tried using it.  I've set up smtp mail on postfix but
never imap.  We don't necessarily want to download messages via imap,
just get a message count.  So I'm thinking that we would configure imap
on the postfix box to point to our primary domain but would it pull a
message count in this configuration?

Thoughts?

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* Linux System Engineer
* Groupwise System Engineer
* Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.