[ngw] Antw: Re: GW2014 R2 SP1 release date??

Jeffrey D. Sessler jeff at scrippscollege.edu
Thu Feb 18 19:57:30 UTC 2016

Besides the run time, the other option is to “take the brakes off” and set Quickfinder —qflevel=999. The first time it runs it’s going to take a very long time and index everything for each user, then move to the next. I moved to this because our POA was so active, even a qflevel=3 running every 10-20 mins was not enough to keep up.

Once we got past the pain of the first pass of qflevel=999, each time is ran you are guaranteed to catch everything that’s changed.

This really helps in the case of upgrades to new major versions. It was my recollection that every major GW upgrade, for whatever reason, wanted to invalidate and rebuild the indexes anyway.

Jeff