[ngw] GW2014 R2 SP1 release date??

Matt Schlawin MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG
Fri Feb 19 13:54:26 UTC 2016

Well, so far, so good.

I put build 122667 on a half dozen machines and so far it seems to have
fixed all the problems.  Between that and TID 7017203 it feels like I'm
at a stable system again.

I'm going to give it another day or two and then push it out to
everyone.

Thanks for the quick response, Pam!

Matt
>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2/18/2016 1:09 PM >>>
Thanks, Pam.  I'll get that right away and give it a try.
Matt
>>> "Pam Robello" <pkrobello at gmail.com> 2/18/2016 9:19 AM >>>
Matt,
Please contact the technician that you are working with on issue 2.
Ask for the client from build 122667.  I have given that to two
different customers and it has fixed their search/find issues.  I
don't
know for sure if it will fix yours but it's worth a try.
Issue 4 should be fixed in the client build you have but it is for
sure
fixed in the 122667 build.
Pam
>>> Matt Schlawin<MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2/18/2016 7:29 AM >>>
David,  here is what we have experienced:

1.  Major problem:  Post Offices that crash.  I added the config
settings in TID 7017203 a couple of days ago and have not had a crash

yet, but it is still too soon to tell.

2.  Major problem:  Users that cannot search sent items or their
trash.
GroupWise locks up and becomes unresponsive requiring a restart.  This

problem is still occurring.  I have contacted support and they have me

on build 122316 but it has not solved the problem.

We have rumblings here of moving to gmail.  I am fighting it, but
things like this do NOT help my cause.  Searching MUST work as good as

gmail.

3.  Minor problem:  I added pictures and people love that feature.
But
the pictures on the top of the screen pushes the quick response menu
off
of the bottom of the screen.  This is also a known issue.  Again, I
would love to show people this cool new quick response feature, but I

can't until it is visible!

4.  Minor problem:  Spell check.  Do this:
1.   type spel and a space in an email.  GW underlines it as
misspelled.  That is good
2.  now backspace and add the "l" and hit space again  It still shows

up as underlined.  If you hit ctrl-F1 it removes the underline.

I would agree with the frustrations I'm seeing in the other posts.
Contacting support to get the build of the day is not an acceptable
solution.

Can we get a FTF that we can download without having to go through
support?  I'm guessing there are server side fixes as well as client
fixes.

Matt

>>> "David Krotil" <David.Krotil at hilo.cz> 2/17/2016 4:27 PM >>>
Guys,
can you share which problems you have ? I have one small shop on R2
and
two bigger shops before upgrade ( 3000+ and 2000+ users ) and would be

cool to know where are problems with R2 .

David

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may

be

about it.

>>> Sven Schuchmann <1010sven1010 at gmail.com> 2/17/2016 11:12 odp. >>>

Hi Matt, this is what I also have: frustated users.
Opening SRs and installing FTFs sucks!
I think the R2 "release" is simply untested beta...
Shame on you MircoFocus!

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been having a series of problems ever since upgrading to R2.

I have users who cannot search their sent items, I have POA crashes,

slow performance, and a few other bugs.

> I have contacted support and put on two different client builds.  On

the server side, I have run through the steps in TID 7017203.  Things

have been a little better, but I'm hoping MicroFocus comes out with
official fixes soon.

> Does anyone know when the first SP to fix this problems is
scheduled?
Or do I keep calling support to get new builds?  I have some end users

who are getting pretty frustrated.