[ngw] Antw: Re: GW2014R2 Monitor Application Network Error

Alex Saternus Alex.Saternus at stadt-haan.de
Wed Feb 24 13:51:34 UTC 2016

Bruce,

no it is not. It is a completely different user.

- Alex

Alex Saternus
Stadt Haan - Die Bürgermeisterin
IT-Abteilung
Kaiserstraße 85
42781 Haan
Tel.: 02129/911 - 144
Fax: 02129/911 - 630
Alex.Saternus at stadt-haan.de
www.haan.de

>>> "Bruce Perrin" <Bruce.Perrin at lbb.texas.gov> 24.02.2016 13:10 >>>
Alex,

Is your http user the same one that you log onto the gwadmin console
with? If so, the passwords must be the same or the user get's locked
out.

-bruce

>>> "Alex Saternus" <Alex.Saternus at stadt-haan.de> 2/24/2016 4:09 AM

Hey Guys,

I just updated my GroupWise 2014 system to R2.

Everything went fine except some issues with the GroupWise Monitor.
After the installation the Monitor Agent asked for authentication, but I
never configured authentication for it. With TID 7017119 I figured out
how to reset the password, but I was not able to unset the password.

Since the setting of the password I can logon the the Monitor Agent
with HTTP, but the Monitor apllication does not work anymore as it does
not respond after choosing the language. In the Log of the application I
can see the following:

11:00:29, <GWMP>, -, ERROR, -, Connection failed (X.X.X.X:8200): Unable
to connect with GroupWise Monitor Agent: Network error
11:01:41, <GWMP>, -, ERROR, -, Connection failed (X.X.X.X:8200): Unable
to connect with GroupWise Monitor Agent: Network error

If I telnet the IP and Port of the agent, I get the following:
telnet> open X.X.X.X 8200
Trying X.X.X.X...
Connected to X.X.X.X.
Escape character is '^]'.

HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required
Server: Novell-Agent 1.0.0 (Linux)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:05:49 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: Basic Realm="GroupWise Monitor"

<HTML><BODY><H1>401 Authorization Required</H1></BODY></HTML>Connection
closed by foreign host.

How can I tell the Monitor Application to use the now configured User
and Password for the Monitor Agent or better unset the User and Password
of the Monitor Agent?

I hope some of you has an idea.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards