[ngw] What is the biggest individual GW active mailbox anyone has seen?

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Fri Feb 26 00:12:57 UTC 2016

Right, sorry, I don't use that mailbox sizes report.. but I do know the Audit Report is the only way to update the Current Mailbox Size column in c1/gwac. Whether its accurate or not, who knows, but its telling at least.. to see who the big culprits are
>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 2/25/2016 3:57 PM >>>
I cannot run any option including Audit Report and get it to update the mailbox sizes such that they are even close to what the GWCHECK reports show.   I am specifically referring to GW2014 in the web admin.   I can't speak for C on older versions..

Marvin
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 2/25/2016 3:36 PM >>>
Nope, the only thing I've seen update the totals for mailbox size in C1/GWAC is the Audit report. Mine's set to 60 days, I dont think it matters.. I dont even read the report, just notice that the stats are updated.

No contents/structure involved, just pull up Maintenance/gwcheck for Post Office, choose Action = Audit report, see if your Current Mailbox Size column changed
>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 2/25/2016 1:47 PM >>>
Would checking the fix problems/update user disk space total do what you mentioned Joe?  Also would you do this for a contents or a structure check?

Thanks

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 2/25/2016 3:37 PM >>>
if I recall, I think you have to run an Audit Report job against the PO/Users to update the usage totals that you used to see in c1/GWAC. I have an weekly gwcheck that does it
>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 2/25/2016 11:40 AM >>>
We have an open defect with Novell on this because the GW2014R2 Admin Console doesn't update the size totals correctly. But from what I can gather, it's not the highest priority for Novell right now.  It would be awesome if it actually worked and you could just export this information all in a couple clicks.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker
mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Office:  480-988-7215 (Best Number)
Cell: 480-797-2989

>>> "Ken Etter" <KLE at msktd.com> 2/23/2016 7:22 AM >>>
If I look in GroupWise Admin at that same user (the one that GWCheck said was using 121 GB) under Diagnostics, Information, it says he is using 39,312 MB.  Doesn't quite match up.  Anyone know why there is a discrepancy?

Ken
>>> "Ken Etter" <KLE at msktd.com> 2/23/2016 9:18 AM >>>
I use GWMBSize (can be downloaded here: http://www.anykeyonline.nl/oldsite/) and run it against the GWCheck Log files from a User Contents check.  But I wonder if there is anything built into the new GroupWise Admin that provides this information.

Ken
>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 2/23/2016 9:01 AM >>>
Where is the most accurate place to view the sizes on the system?  We're on 2012sp4

>>> "Ken Etter" <KLE at msktd.com> 2/23/2016 7:56 AM >>>
I can't beat that.  The largest one here is only 121 GB.
>>> Mark Currie <MCurrie at laserfast.com.au> 2/23/2016 6:29 AM >>>
Hi All,

In the tradition of the longest uptime of Netware servers, I wanted to put the question out as to what is the biggest individual GW active mailbox anyone has seen out in the wild?

I think I have a good starter - a user at a long standing customer has an active mailbox of 130Gb+, not counting archives! (Will get the pic next time I'm onsite)...

So what has anyone else seen as just crazy size mailboxes?

Sorry - no prizes, just bragging rights! :)

Cheers,
Mark Currie