[ngw] Registry key read when Spawning Excel to open an attachment

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Fri Feb 26 21:49:47 UTC 2016

No, that doesn't look anything like it. Is that the right tid?
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 2/26/2016 10:09 AM >>>
Sure its not this one?
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009898

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 2/26/2016 12:11 AM >>>
Does anybody know what Registry key is being read when I open an Excel Document that is attached to an email?

Attachment --> Right-Click -_> Open..  I get an error.  It's related to DDE, and I have hacked the registry so that Excel will open correctly when I just double click an XLSX file from anywhere else within Windows..  But when I try to open an XLSX file from GroupWise, it must be using a different regkey because it still fails.

I have followed this guide to fix it for Windows in general but cannot locate a key that will fix it when launched from GroupWise. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c42f825d-b7e8-48c8-b5af-30563b839f09/windows-7-cannot-run-multiple-instances-of-excel-using-ignore-other-applications-that-use-dde?forum=officesetupdeploylegacy

Thanks.
Marvin

Marvin Huffaker
mhuffaker at redjuju.com