[ngw] Registry key read when Spawning Excel to open an attachment

Brenda Pope Admin at helmsinglaw.com
Fri Feb 26 22:32:50 UTC 2016

This is probably a dumb answer and probably doesn't apply, but I always go into GW and copy the GWxl2007 file and add it to the Xlator directory in Microsoft Excel program files.  I know it is old but so far it has worked for me every time when an Excel document bombs.  Of course, we are using Excel 2010 and GW 2012, so it probably doesn't apply to you, but thought I would pass it on as we use GW DMS and Excel in any of the newer versions of Word just won't integrate well.

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 2/26/2016 3:49 PM >>>
No, that doesn't look anything like it. Is that the right tid?
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 2/26/2016 10:09 AM >>>
Sure its not this one?
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009898

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 2/26/2016 12:11 AM >>>
Does anybody know what Registry key is being read when I open an Excel Document that is attached to an email?

Attachment --> Right-Click -_> Open..  I get an error.  It's related to DDE, and I have hacked the registry so that Excel will open correctly when I just double click an XLSX file from anywhere else within Windows..  But when I try to open an XLSX file from GroupWise, it must be using a different regkey because it still fails.

I have followed this guide to fix it for Windows in general but cannot locate a key that will fix it when launched from GroupWise. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c42f825d-b7e8-48c8-b5af-30563b839f09/windows-7-cannot-run-multiple-instances-of-excel-using-ignore-other-applications-that-use-dde?forum=officesetupdeploylegacy

Thanks.
Marvin

Marvin Huffaker
mhuffaker at redjuju.com