[ngw] GroupWise 2014 R2 upgrade order with Mobility R2 involved

David Gerisch DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us
Fri Jan 8 17:22:53 UTC 2016

I'm reviewing the documentation on upgrading GroupWise Mobility Service 2014 R2, and am puzzled.  I hope someone can clarify.

In the Installation Guide, under GroupWise Requirements, it says:

======

In order for the GroupWise Sync Agent to interact successfully with a GroupWise POA, your GroupWise system must meet the following requirements:

    In post offices that have mobile device users:

        GroupWise 2014 R2 or later.

======

OK, that makes sense - I need to upgrade all my post offices before I upgrade Mobility.  But then the very next sentence says:

======

IMPORTANT: When you are ready to upgrade from GroupWise 2012 or GroupWise 2014 to GroupWise 2014 R2, update your Mobility system to Mobility Service 2014 R2 before you upgrade your GroupWise system.

======

Is this saying that I need to upgrade Mobility first, and then Mobility will be broken until I upgrade all my post offices?  In other words, I don't have the luxury of upgrading only my primary domain (and one post office*) to R2, and leaving everything else at GroupWise 2012 for a couple weeks?

*for giving the training department an actual working environment with which to develop their next course.

David Gerisch