[ngw] GroupWise 2014 R2 upgrade order with Mobility R2 involved

Anthony Harper aharper at psc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 16:53:07 UTC 2016

Hi Pam,

I think I have the same situation - I upgraded my domain and first post office to 2014 R2, leaving a separate PO at 2014.  When attempting to upgrade GMS from 2.1 to 2014 R2, the SSLCheck says one PO is okay, the other not:

POA (2014 R2) is using the same HTTP protocol. No problem detected
POA (2014) is NOT using the same HTTP protocol.  Problem detected. Change POA SOAP SSL protocol to: http://

Both POAs are configured the same (SOAP SSL disabled).

If you need another batch of logs I'm happy to send them to you.

Anthony

>>> "Pam Robello" <pkrobello at gmail.com> 11/01/2016 15:25 >>>

Hi Al,

Having tried the upgrade should have put files in the ssl checker directory.  Now all we need is for you to put the GroupWise-agent.log into debug mode and try it again.  Then send everything from the ssl checker dir along with that log.

Thanks!

Pam

>>> Alan Bens<ABENS at go-metro.com> 1/11/2016 8:15 AM >>>

Pam,

  I'll do it but I haven't tried doing the upgrade yet because the SSL

check didn't pass.

Al

>>> "Pam Robello" <pkrobello at gmail.com> 1/11/2016 8:50 AM >>>

Hi Al,

I am currently working with Ken on an SR he has for this.  Our engineer

would like to figure out what is going on with the SSL check.  If you

would set the GroupWise Connector log to debug, get the error again with

the upgrade to GMS 2014 R2.  Then send me that log, along with

everything in the ssl checker directory.

Thanks,

Pam

>>> Alan Bens<ABENS at go-metro.com> 1/11/2016 6:15 AM >>>

David

  I upgraded from GW 2012 to 2014 R2 and my GMS is at version 2..-

Build 230 and working fine.  There is suppose to be an SSL check to do

before you upgrade GMS, but mine and Ken Etter is failing the check, it

says two of our POA's use SSL the other two aren't, when none of them

are using SSL.  We both have SR's open to find out what is going on.

Ken upgraded his GMS and says he's not having any issues.

Al B

Alan D. Bens, CNA, RLE, GCE

SORTA/Metro, System Administrator

602 Main. St