[ngw] encrypted email

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Jan 13 18:21:28 UTC 2016

I'll second that.
We us Sophos UTM for this in a number of places.
I'm not sure that's a built-in function in any of the major mail
systems.
General third parties provide integration for some systems, but don't
require it.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 1/13/2016 1:08 PM

You’d need to use a third-party product for that. Our Cisco hosted
Ironport product has that exact feature as you describe. It can also
auto-encrypt outgoing based on a number of factors manual or automatic
e.g. Put [Encrypt] at start of subject, or based on sender/dest address,
or DLP (data loss prevention) scan e.g. Contains what looks like SSN/CC,
so encrypt.

Jeff

On 1/13/16, 10:05 AM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com
on behalf of Joe Acquisto-j4"
<ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of
joea at j4computers.com> wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, does any version of GW have the ability to
setup a "secure drop box"?   That is where an email is dropped some
where and the user is sent a link, and some means of authentication to
retrieve the email?