[ngw] Quick Response in GW2014 R2

Matt Schlawin MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG
Fri Jan 15 15:05:04 UTC 2016

Thanks!  I'll do that!
>>> "Morris Blackham" <mblackham at microfocus.com> 1/12/2016 5:48 PM >>>
There is a fix available as an FTF.  You need to contact support to get it..

--Morris
>>> Matt Schlawin <mschlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 1/12/2016 4:43 PM >>>
Is there any resolution for this issue?  (other than removing the picture?)

Is it time to open a SR?

Seems like it would be a pretty easy fix.

Matt

>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 01/06/16 3:11 PM >>>
I have tried shrinking it down to as little as 150 pixels square, and it still chops the menu off the bottom.  If I remove the picture, I can see the menu just fine.
And to further confuse things, I have one teacher with a picture of 320x400 pixels and when she sends an email, the menu looks fine.
I'd really like to show off this new feature, but I need to get it working reliably first.  Is this being treated as a bug?  Will there be a fix?
Matt
>>> "Morris Blackham" <mblackham at microfocus.com> 1/6/2016 10:03 AM >>>
I think it's the cropping.   I'd try making it either perfect square or the width > hight.
--Morris
>>> Matt Schlawin <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 1/6/2016 7:16 AM >>>
I shrunk the picture of one user way down, and it helped, but didn't fix the problem,.  Now I see:
Does the size of the picture matter, or how you cropped it?  I'm guessing the cropping does not do anything and the raw picture is what is stored?
Matt
>>> "Alan Bens" <ABENS at go-metro.com> 1/6/2016 7:42 AM >>>
Did anyone recommend the size?
Al B
>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 1/5/2016 11:17 PM >>>
Yes.  They all have a picture.  So the solution is to shrink down the
size of the picture?
>>> "Morris Blackham" <mblackham at microfocus.com> 1/5/2016 5:10 PM >>>
Dev looked and fixed.   It has something to do with the size of the
photo image (if one exists) in the recieved item.
Matt, can you confirm that the items you have an issue with have a
photo for the sender?
--Morris
>>> Paul Lamontagne <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 1/5/2016
3:48 PM >>>
Matt,
Did you create the bundle for  ZENworks as documented in the GroupWise
Interoperability manual? or your create yuor own bundle without the
docs?
Thanks
Paul
>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 2016-01-05 12:24 PM >>>
Hello everyone,
I just installed R2 and everything went very well with the install.  I
like the new quick response feature, but I have an issue.
On about half the internal email I get, in the lower right I see the
quick response button like this and it works just fine:
But on the rest of the internal email, I see nothing.  But if I just
hover the mouse in the lower corner, I see this little sliver of a
button:
If I carefully click on that tiny sliver, it works just fine and I get
the quick response menu.
Has anyone else seen that behavior?
I used Zenworks to push down the R2 client on machines that already had
2014 on them.  Could that be an issue?
Thanks!
Matt