[ngw] MAC IMAP Mail not updating

Jason Ross jason at ethisec.com.au
Mon Jan 18 00:14:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm running GW2014R2 and am seeing some weirdness with my Mac mail not correctly updating my GW IMAP mailbox correctly.

When the mail client starts all is good. If I disconnect/reconnect from the network all appears to work correctly but leave the client running and mails don't update, i.e. don't see new messages etc...

I do have a large inbox, just under 27,000 mails which may create a problem.

Thunderbird seems to be working OK, but for some reason it keeps hanging (keep seeing GW message limit exceeded (4000 messages) errors) so it isn't an ideal option at the moment.

Just wondering if I should point the finger at the Mac Mail client or at the GW IMAP config and open an SR?

Any thoughts?

Jason