[ngw] MAC IMAP Mail not updating

pmuhlbac at apmcomp.com pmuhlbac at apmcomp.com
Mon Jan 18 15:18:13 UTC 2016

I have consistently had the problem with a folder with over 20,000 items with any IMAP client.  I was the worst offender so it forced me to clean out the junk ...err...email that I didn't need to keep ;)
I don't know if it was limited to GroupWise or not. GroupWise has been my email system for so many years, I have no idea of limitations on other systems...nor do I really want to find out.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Muhlbach, A+, CNA, MCSE
APM Computer Services
Stettler, AB
Phone 403-894-5802
email: pmuhlbac at apmcomp.com
Email powered by Groupwise

>>> "Jason Ross" <jason at ethisec.com.au> 1/17/2016 5:14 PM >>>
Hi,

I'm running GW2014R2 and am seeing some weirdness with my Mac mail not correctly updating my GW IMAP mailbox correctly.

When the mail client starts all is good. If I disconnect/reconnect from the network all appears to work correctly but leave the client running and mails don't update, i.e. don't see new messages etc...

I do have a large inbox, just under 27,000 mails which may create a problem.

Thunderbird seems to be working OK, but for some reason it keeps hanging (keep seeing GW message limit exceeded (4000 messages) errors) so it isn't an ideal option at the moment.

Just wondering if I should point the finger at the Mac Mail client or at the GW IMAP config and open an SR?

Any thoughts?

Jason