[ngw] MAC IMAP Mail not updating

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Wed Jan 20 10:49:21 UTC 2016

I have 60k on all servers set and looks OK for me.

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Jason Ross" <jason at ethisec.com.au> 20.01.2016 4:15 >>>
Just an update to the list on this issue.

I installed the update yesterday and initially it looked promising then
it didn't (if that makes sense). It finally settled down to a point
where it was better but not perfect, hopefully Apple fix their mail
client to eliminate this issue.

I did adjust the POA "--imapreadlimit" switch to 40,000 messages
although I may increase this a little.

This seems to have helped a little.

HTH,

Jason
>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 19/01/2016 2:37 AM

If you go into the agent properties for imap, you can set the maximum
number of items to download.
If you haven't tried this, you can set it higher to see if that helps.
I have had to set mine to the max, which I believe is 60k in the r2
interface for gwia.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> <pmuhlbac at apmcomp.com> 01/18/16 10:18 AM >>>
I have consistently had the problem with a folder with over 20,000
items with any IMAP client.  I was the worst offender so it forced me to
clean out the junk ...err...email that I didn't need to keep ;)
I don't know if it was limited to GroupWise or not. GroupWise has been
my email system for so many years, I have no idea of limitations on
other systems...nor do I really want to find out.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Muhlbach, A+, CNA, MCSE
APM Computer Services
Stettler, AB
Phone 403-894-5802
email: pmuhlbac at apmcomp.com
Email powered by Groupwise

>>> "Jason Ross" <jason at ethisec.com.au> 1/17/2016 5:14 PM >>>
Hi,

I'm running GW2014R2 and am seeing some weirdness with my Mac mail not
correctly updating my GW IMAP mailbox correctly.

When the mail client starts all is good. If I disconnect/reconnect from
the network all appears to work correctly but leave the client running
and mails don't update, i.e. don't see new messages etc...

I do have a large inbox, just under 27,000 mails which may create a
problem.

Thunderbird seems to be working OK, but for some reason it keeps
hanging (keep seeing GW message limit exceeded (4000 messages) errors)
so it isn't an ideal option at the moment.

Just wondering if I should point the finger at the Mac Mail client or
at the GW IMAP config and open an SR?

Any thoughts?

Jason