[ngw] dbcopy not working

Gene Homan gene at genehoman.com
Wed Jan 20 16:58:18 UTC 2016

You forgot the ./ in front of dbcopy

IF you go the PATH route, the TID says to use export in front of the
LD_....

I stuck with the cd method in my scripts.

>>> "Matt Schlawin" <MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG> 01/20/16 8:45 AM >>>
I added:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/lib

to the top of my script and dbcopy still did not run.

So I changed the script to cd into the directory first:

cd /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/
dbcopy -d /media/nss/GWVOL/fvlhs/ /media/nss/BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/fvlhs/

I'll see if it runs tonight.

Matt
>>> Matt Weisberg <matt at weisberg.net> 1/19/2016 7:38 PM >>>

This is not a GroupWise specific env var.  It’s the path for the Linux
dynamic library loader (ld.so) to look for additional runtime libraries
to load.

Matt

—
  Matt Weisberg
  Weisberg Consulting, Inc.
  matt at weisberg.net
  www.weisberg.net
  ofc. 248.685.1970
  cell 248.705.1950
  fax 248.769.5963

On 1/19/16, 6:51 PM, "ngw-bounces+matt=weisberg.net at ngwlist.com on
behalf of Gene Homan" <ngw-bounces+matt=weisberg.net at ngwlist.com on
behalf of gene at genehoman.com> wrote:

>What does LD_ stand for?
>
>LoaD
>Linux Device
>Library Download
>

>Shouldn't it be called
>

>GW_LIBRARY_PATH ?

>you could also add the following as first line in your script:
>
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/lib
>
>--Morris
>TID 7017096 explains it all.  R2 changed things.

>I cd first into
>
>/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/
>
>then I
>
>./dbcopy -d /media/nss/GWVOL/fvlhs/
/media/nss/BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/fvlhs/

>since going to R2
>
>Its like the /bin directory is no longer in the Linux OS path.

>Hello everyone,
>I just installed the GW 2104 R2 upgrade running on OES 11.1  I have
been running dbcopy as a cron job for years to get a clean backup before
I use BackupPC to get it to my backup server.  Something has happened
and I cannot get dbcopy to run from cron.   I'm assuming it is related
to the R2 upgrade.
>Here is a snip from my backup script:
># Create timestamp for start of job
>rm /BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/gwbackupstart.txt
>touch /BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/gwbackupstart.txt
>#
># Copy primary domain fvlhs
>/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/dbcopy -d /media/nss/GWVOL/fvlhs/
/media/nss/BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/fvlhs/
>#
># Copy teacher post office
>/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/dbcopy -p /media/nss/GWVOL/teachpo/
/media/nss/BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/teachpo/
>#
># Create timestamp for end of job
>rm /BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/gwbackupstop.txt
>touch /BACKUPVOL/gwbackup/gwbackupstop.txt
>and here is the line from crontab
># Backup GroupWise from GWVOL to BACKUPVOL every day at 12:30am
>30  0  *  *  *  root /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwbackup.sh
>If you run the script manually from the command line, it runs just
fine, just like it always did.
>When cron runs the script at 12:30, a log entry is created in
/var/log/messages saying the script started, so cron is working.
>When cron runs the script, the start time and end time are both 12:30,
so the script is running, but just bypassing the dbcopy lines.
>I have tried directing the output of dbcopy to a log file.  ( using
>> ~/gwbackup.log   ) The gwbackup.log file is created, but it is empty.

>I have tried putting the two dbcopy lines from my script directly into
crontab.  Same results.  /var/log/messages shows they are running, but
dbcopy does nothing.