[ngw] MAC IMAP Mail not updating

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Wed Jan 20 21:49:32 UTC 2016

No, I haven´t any other imap switch.

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 20.01.2016 18:12 >>>
Do you also have the GWIA switch set to have IMAP return newest items
first vs oldest? In the back of my mind I think this was going to become
the default for 2014R2, but I could be misremembering. The switch is the
—imapreadnew.

Jeff

On 1/20/16, 2:49 AM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com
on behalf of David Krotil"
<ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of
David.Krotil at hilo.cz> wrote:

>I have 60k on all servers set and looks OK for me.

>Obsah tohoto e-mailu a všechny připojené soubory jsou důvěrné a mohou
>být chráněny zákonem. Tento e-mail je určen výhradně jeho adresátovi
>a jiné osoby do něj nejsou oprávněny nahlížet či s ním jakkoliv
>nakládat, jinak se dopustí protiprávního jednání. V případě, že
>nejste adresátem tohoto e-mailu, prosíme o jeho vymazání a o podání
>e-mailové zprávy.
>
>The content of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential
and
>may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
>Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
>intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
>taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
>unlawful. In this case be so kind and delete this e-mail and inform
us
>about it.

>Just an update to the list on this issue.
>
>I installed the update yesterday and initially it looked promising
then
>it didn't (if that makes sense). It finally settled down to a point
>where it was better but not perfect, hopefully Apple fix their mail
>client to eliminate this issue.
>
>I did adjust the POA "--imapreadlimit" switch to 40,000 messages
>although I may increase this a little.
>
>This seems to have helped a little.
>
>HTH,
>
>Jason
AM

>If you go into the agent properties for imap, you can set the maximum
>number of items to download.
>If you haven't tried this, you can set it higher to see if that
helps.
>I have had to set mine to the max, which I believe is 60k in the r2
>interface for gwia.
>-jt
>

>James Taylor
>678-697-9420
>james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>I have consistently had the problem with a folder with over 20,000
>items with any IMAP client.  I was the worst offender so it forced me
>clean out the junk ...err...email that I didn't need to keep ;)
>I don't know if it was limited to GroupWise or not. GroupWise has
been
>my email system for so many years, I have no idea of limitations on
>other systems...nor do I really want to find out.
>
>Regards,
>Paul
>
>Paul Muhlbach, A+, CNA, MCSE
>APM Computer Services
>Stettler, AB
>Phone 403-894-5802
>email: pmuhlbac at apmcomp.com
>Email powered by Gro
upwise

>Hi,
>
>I'm running GW2014R2 and am seeing some weirdness with my Mac mail
not
>correctly updating my GW IMAP mailbox correctly.
>
>When the mail client starts all is good. If I disconnect/reconnect
from
>the network all appears to work correctly but leave the client
running
>and mails don't update, i.e. don't see new messages etc...
>
>I do have a large inbox, just under 27,000 mails which may create a
>problem.
>
>Thunderbird seems to be working OK, but for some reason it keeps
>hanging (keep seeing GW message limit exceeded (4000 messages)
errors)