[ngw] Issue with system groups in frequent contacts

Bruce Perrin Bruce.Perrin at lbb.texas.gov
Tue Jan 26 14:46:50 UTC 2016

The real problem here is relevance in name completion. Since relevance does not work for the system address book we have to collect all addresses (internal and external) that a user sends to (that includes system groups) in Frequent Contacts to make it work. This would be less of an issue if relevance worked with the System address book.

I was of the understanding that system items collected in the FCL were updated with changes by nightly user upkeep, but that for sure is not happening with system groups (at least for us).

This is a real problem.

-bruce

>>> "Georg Fritsch FCP" <gf at fcp.at> 1/26/2016 2:44 AM >>>
This issue IMO matches this idea.
https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/166

Georg

>>> "Morris Blackham" <mblackham at microfocus.com> 26.01.2016 00:20 >>>
Apparently,  after talking with folks here, a system group that is copied to one of your PAB's has never had a link to the system group.  So no updates will ever occur in the PAB group.

--Morris
>>> Bruce Perrin <Bruce.Perrin at lbb.texas.gov> 1/20/2016 1:53 PM >>>
User upkeep is running for us too. I **think** I remember seeing this in beta...
>>> "Doug Ratz" <dratz at Lakeheadschools.ca> 1/20/2016 12:31 PM >>>
This has been an issue for us as well for many versions of GW. Our nightly upkeep is running, but doesn't seem to update the lists.

--
Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools