[ngw] Advice- Resource for Multi-purpose Room

Kim Geiger kim at wkar.org
Wed May 4 20:14:00 UTC 2016

Yes, that's more or less what I was suggesting, though booking any of them also blocks out g, and booking g blocks out everything else.

Try it with rules.

Kim Geiger
WKAR Radio & Television, WKAR.org
East Lansing, Michigan
517-884-4766

>>> "Greg Beckmeyer" <gbeckmeyer at acgih.org> 5/4/2016 12:10 PM >>>
But you would need a total 7 rooms...
a, b, c, and d would be each quarter
e and f would be each half
g would be the full room

So a and b would automatically book e
c an d would automatically book f
e and f would each automatically book g

right?

Greg Beckmeyer

>>> "Kim Geiger" <kim at wkar.org> 5/4/2016 11:26 AM >>>
I kind of don't get your question.  You'll have four resources and the receptionist has to book all four if someone wants the walls down to use the whole room?
Or, it's the other way around, right? -- book one quarter, then no one else can book the whole room.  You could set up a rule to make a booking of the  1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 rooms automatically send an invitation to the 100% room so that it will be shown as unavailable, same with 1/2 and 3/4.

Kim Geiger
WKAR Radio & Television, WKAR.org
East Lansing, Michigan
517-884-4766

>>> "Mark Mazurkiewicz" <MMAZ at mail.michbar.org> 5/2/2016 10:57 AM >>>
I'm looking for advice for ways to possibly configure a room scheduling resource that allows for viewing a room/resource that can be configured in multiple ways.

Here is whats going on... I want to create individual room resource objects in GroupWise to update the archaic system that has been used forever in my organization.  The thing is, we have a room which has folding walls and can be either one large room, two smaller rooms half that size, or for smaller rooms each a quarter of the original size.

I set up a couple of initial test "place" resources to see how it behaves and I think that someone technical like myself could manage what I'm seeing, but not necessarily the receptionist that would be responsible for maintaining the calendar.  In a nutshell, what I'm seeing is that I create the appointment, the first resource that I reference becomes the "Place" and the second resource is an "attendee" to the appointment.

I'm curious if this is the best way to configure a multi-purpose room resource in GroupWise or what other ways might be out there.  I also posted this question to the GW Forums to see what I might get from there.  Thanks for any pointers!

E-mail Notice:  If you think you received this e-mail by mistake, please do not use it in any way.  It may contain confidential or legally protected information.  Please delete the e-mail, destroy any copies, and immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by phone (800-968-1442).

E-mail Warning:  This e-mail was swept for computer viruses, but we cannot guarantee that it is virus-free or accept responsibility if it is contaminated.