[ngw] Mailbox Size Issues

Jeremy Rogers Jeremy.Rogers at baptist-health.org
Mon May 23 14:45:11 UTC 2016

I've opened a service request with Novell, which has taken a considerable amount of time to get any response, but we are seeing a sharp uptick with users complaining about mailbox sizes since we've upgraded to 2014 R2.  Typically I could run a GWCheck and verify if the user's complaints are correct.  However, I've noticed that since our upgrade, I'm missing a key line from those GWCheck logs.  The line  "###### kbytes in use by user's mail" is completely missing from any type of check I've been able to do.  Now, to be fair, some of these users are ones that like hover around the 100% mark.  However, a few have become so desperate they've basically archived or deleted everything but a month's worth of email.  I have a hunch that something larger is going on here, but I'm unable to put my finger on it and so far Novell hasn't been much of a help.  I'm just looking for some recommendations as to what to try next.

Just to clarify, we've ran the GWCheck from the post office and stand alone GWCheck from the server itself.  Neither of which will ever yield the line above that verifies how much space is being used in the mailbox.

Thanks.

Jeremy Rogers, CCA
Senior Network Analyst
Baptist Health Information Systems
Ph: (501) 202-7812
Fax: (501) 202-7473

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE

The information, both of the message and any attachments, contained in this message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, or has received this message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any such actions are strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.