[ngw] Mailbox Size Issues

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Mon May 23 18:57:08 UTC 2016

Have you installed HP1 ?

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Jeremy Rogers" <Jeremy.Rogers at baptist-health.org> 23.05.2016 16:45

I've opened a service request with Novell, which has taken a
considerable amount of time to get any response, but we are seeing a
sharp uptick with users complaining about mailbox sizes since we've
upgraded to 2014 R2.  Typically I could run a GWCheck and verify if the
user's complaints are correct.  However, I've noticed that since our
upgrade, I'm missing a key line from those GWCheck logs.  The line
"###### kbytes in use by user's mail" is completely missing from any
type of check I've been able to do.  Now, to be fair, some of these
users are ones that like hover around the 100% mark.  However, a few
have become so desperate they've basically archived or deleted
everything but a month's worth of email.  I have a hunch that something
larger is going on here, but I'm unable to put my finger on it and so
far Novell hasn't been much of a help.  I'm just looking for some
recommendations as to what to try next.

Just to clarify, we've ran the GWCheck from the post office and stand
alone GWCheck from the server itself.  Neither of which will ever yield
the line above that verifies how much space is being used in the
mailbox.

Thanks.

Jeremy Rogers, CCA
Senior Network Analyst
Baptist Health Information Systems
Ph: (501) 202-7812
Fax: (501) 202-7473

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE

The information, both of the message and any attachments, contained in
this message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed.  This message may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, or has received
this message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to
any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and
any such actions are strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
transmitted information.