[ngw] GWDVA crashing?

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Tue Oct 4 18:11:00 UTC 2016

Ugh. I thought I was on the latest public release, but guess not. I'm now on 14.2.1 Hp1.. (i hate the whole R2/SP/HP stuff).

I'm now upgraded.. we'll see how it goes. Thanks guys

NOTICE: This email and all attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and intended SOLELY for the recipients as identified in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" lines of this email.  If you are not an intended recipient, your receipt of this email and its attachments is the result of an inadvertent disclosure or unauthorized transmittal.  Sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, including all privileges that may apply.  Pursuant to those rights and privileges, immediately DELETE and DESTROY all copies of the email and its attachments, in whatever form, and immediately NOTIFY the sender of your receipt of this email.  DO NOT review, copy, forward or rely on the email and its attachments in any way.

NOTICE: NO DUTIES ARE ASSUMED, INTENDED OR CREATED BY THIS COMMUNICATION.  If you have not executed a fee contract or an engagement letter, this firm does NOT represent you as your attorney.  You are encouraged to retain counsel of your choice if you desire to do so.  All rights of the sender for violations of the confidentiality and privileges applicable to this email and any attachments are expressly reserved.

>>> "Gene Homan" <gene at genehoman.com> 10/4/2016 8:59 AM >>>
Make sure you have more than one DVA assigned to your POA.  I assign up to three per POA and stagger the load among a pool of three DVAs for all my POAs and WebAccess services in the same network location.  The WebAccess service puts a heavier load on the DVAs since its asking the DVA to convert the file to HTML format while the POA just asks for "word lists" to be sent back.

Make sure you are running build 124209 or newer of the DVA where Micro Focus improved the behavior of the DVA.  So 14.2.1.1 would have the DVA fixes in it.

Check the DVA log files (hope it was in verbose mode).  The latest DVA will auto cleanup the TMP files left behind by the Oracle Stellent subroutine.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 10/04/16 10:30 AM >>>
Every night at 8pm I get an email saying "QuickFinder Indexing will not start until the configured DVA is active"

If I check "rcgrpwise status" the gwdva is "dead".  Anyway to figure out whats happening? or any temp files that need to be cleared?