[ngw] Micro Focus Acquires GWAVA, Inc.

Ken Muir kmuir at gwava.com
Tue Oct 4 19:59:08 UTC 2016

Thanks Jeff but not true.  Micro Focus acquired GWAVA for much more than our capabilities around GroupWise.  If you read the press release it's more about our best of breed archiving product Retain.  Factor in the broader strategy of the HP acquisition, specifically Autonomy and you get a glimpse of the fantastic strategy.  We will continue executing our vision around Retain and Archiving 2.0.  An important piece of our strategy is to support all email platforms and yes, migrate in any direction a customer wishes to go.  We are the best platform available for Archiving Office 365 as attested by RyanTech, Microsoft Partner of the Year and Microsoft Cloud Partner who chose us over all other solutions to provide to their customers value added services on top of Office365.  We will continue adding value to all platforms.

MicroFocus is a very big and very exciting company.  This acquisition shows their commitment to the customer, whether GroupWise or not.  For GroupWise customers this move shows Micro Focus' commitment to you.  They went and bought the top ISV for GroupWise and in due time will integrate and deliver a complete top to bottom stack.  This acquisition is fantastic news for GroupWise customers and fantastic news for users of other email platforms.  The strength of a soon to be 4.5 BILLION dollar software company backing us up.  I am excited for what we are going to do!

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me directly.  kmuir at gwava.com

Thanks,
--Ken
>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 10/4/2016 11:34 AM >>>
Good for GWAVA. Swell bunch of people.

It's also great for MicroFocus as it ensures that the products specific to the GroupWise ecosystem continue on. I'll bet that the one casualty however will be GWAVA's GW to O365 migration service. ;-)

Jeff