[ngw] Address book completion in 2014r2

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Fri Oct 7 13:42:37 UTC 2016

So, the only way around this would be to put the system address book entries into a pab?  Seems to me the system book should be included, because adding addresses to pab's already in the system shouldn't be necessary. And my user's are not going to remember that! lol They wouldn't have anything to complain about then.....

By the way, how you doin Joe?
>>> Joseph Marton <jmmarton at gmail.com> 10/7/2016 8:08 AM >>>
Unless something changed in R2, I don't believe relevancy includes the
system address book.  Only PABs.

Joe

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Ken Etter <KLE at msktd.com> wrote:

> Are you sure about that Paul?  I can think immediately of one instance
> where I have two people with the same last name.  One of them is in my
> address book and the other is in the system address book.  I always email
> the one in the system address book.  The one in my address book does not
> even have an email address associated with it, just a cell phone.  Yet
> every time I start typing the last name, the one in my address book with a
> phone number is always listed first and I have to pick the second one.
> Makes me wonder about relevancy and the system address book.
>
> Ken
> 8:26 AM >>>
> Relevancy applies to all address booked used. With 2014 you can no longer
> de-select the GroupWise system address book, but you can include or exclude
> any of your personal address books, including frequent contacts.
>
> So eventually the frequently used email address will bubble to the top no
> matter what address book they are in.
>
> To select/de-select address books for  the search go to the Address book
> application then File > Name Completion Address Books and then check the
> address books you want included.  The GroupWise System Address book is
> always searched.
>
> Paul
> This was how it worked in 2012 and prior. 2014 does not use a search order
> anymore. It pulls from all enabled books for search. Does the relevancy
> only apply to personal address books and not to addresses used from the
> system book?
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Oct 6, 2016, at 4:25 PM, T.A. Oosterhoff <taoosterhoff at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Somewhere you can set the search order. But at the moment I do not
> exactly
> > how to configure.
> > May be this link helps.
> > <
ModuleInstanceID=1217&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-