[ngw] 2012 GWIA TCP/IP Errors

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Thu Oct 13 14:06:12 UTC 2016

On the server firewall I take it?

>>> Tim Mulvaney <tmulvaney at mail.millikin.edu> 10/13/2016 8:45 AM >>>
This was fixed by changing a SMTP firewall setting.

>>> Tim Mulvaney <tmulvaney at mail.millikin.edu> 10/10/2016 12:27 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. For the past couple of days the gwia on one of my GroupWise servers is accumulating several TCP/IP Read errors and it's still rising. Most of the SMTP threads are at a constant busy state. I've bumped the threads up to 20 and now it's at 50 but that doesn't seem to help. They are still busy. I don't see any stuck messages either. It appears that most messages are going through but on occasion when I test using telnet command I get the following error

421 Service not available, closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.

Only changes on that server have been OS and OES patches. I applied some on 10/13 and 10/14.

Any help would be appreciated.

Environment
SLES 11 SP3
OES 11.2
GroupWise 2012 SP4  - gwia-12.0.4-120531