[ngw] Missing HTML Contents

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Wed Oct 26 16:24:06 UTC 2016

Try a newer client.. had many issues with older clients and HTML emails

NOTICE: This email and all attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and intended SOLELY for the recipients as identified in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" lines of this email.  If you are not an intended recipient, your receipt of this email and its attachments is the result of an inadvertent disclosure or unauthorized transmittal.  Sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, including all privileges that may apply.  Pursuant to those rights and privileges, immediately DELETE and DESTROY all copies of the email and its attachments, in whatever form, and immediately NOTIFY the sender of your receipt of this email.  DO NOT review, copy, forward or rely on the email and its attachments in any way.

NOTICE: NO DUTIES ARE ASSUMED, INTENDED OR CREATED BY THIS COMMUNICATION.  If you have not executed a fee contract or an engagement letter, this firm does NOT represent you as your attorney.  You are encouraged to retain counsel of your choice if you desire to do so.  All rights of the sender for violations of the confidentiality and privileges applicable to this email and any attachments are expressly reserved.

>>> "Mario Gingras" <MGingras at laurentian.ca> 10/26/2016 6:02 AM >>>
I'm running GW 14.2.0 on SLES 11 SP4.  Nothing has changed for months but we are now seeing messages where the HTML content is missing.  To the user, the message appears blank until you switch to text-only and the contents show up.  I have no clue where to start troubleshooting this problem.
I've looked at the log files but nothing stands out.  As far as I know, the messages are only internal.  I haven't heard of anything external so far but that doesn't mean it's not happening.  The problem seems to be only within one domain with multiple post offices.  The "empty" messages originate from and go to all post offices within that domain.
Any ideas before I call tech support?
Thanks in advance.
Mario
Laurentian University