[ngw] Name Changes and System Groups

Gene Homan gene at genehoman.com
Thu Oct 27 16:14:58 UTC 2016

I changed one persons name from    Jeff Anderson   to   Jeffrey Anderson  and I did see it change in the GAC Group and on a users GW Windows client right away.  This is with 14.2.1.1

What part did you change exactly?  mailbox id?  last name?

>>> "Doug Ratz" <dratz at Lakeheadschools.ca> 10/27/16 10:40 AM >>>
Noticed something odd. When changing a person's name, the old name stays in the system group. It doesn't appear in the Admin Console, but does in the client address book. Only way to remove it is to grant administration ability for the group to a user, and remove the old name throught the client address book.

Anyone seen this? Any work arounds? Next name change I'm going to try removing the user from group(s), change the name, and put them back.

GW 2014 R2 SP1 on Windows 2008 linked to Active Directory.

Doug

--
Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools